Monday, 14 April 2008

Another day

Today has been a much better day, although I have not managed to get to the gym I have been quite productive in one way or another. I finally brought my new travel case out of the boot of the car, its only been in there 15 days. I have so far packed a light weight dressing gown! Lets hope my fuddled brain remembers to pack some more items otherwise it could be embarrishing....(dont think thats spelt right). I am getting more and more excited about flying to Warsaw although two early starts will near on polish me off, going is not as bad as the return that flight departs at 6.10 in the AM!!!! One of my dear relatives sent me a letter one day and instead of saying "Sweetie" it got lost in translation and became "Sweaty" now this name has stuck with my english friends and makes me laugh everytime I hear it. I dont speak much Polish and they dont speak much english and one of my close relatives has sent me an email saying she has a secret love to tell me about. That should be so interesting with a dictionary and lots of miming, but trust me we do get to have a good old gossip. Maybe I will look for a polish love for myself now that would be a turn up for the books!

On the friday I am off to an 50th birthday party in Wigan. I have not seen my friend for approx two years although we do email and chat on the phone. I am looking forward to it. We used to work in a pub together and really got on well. It was strange really because she was not particularly liked in there as she did not appear to have a sense of humour but we found plenty to laugh about together. She is kind and caring and trustworthy and there is a lot to be said for that. I hope I wont feel like a wall flower though as about 120 people will be going and I will only know any that she invited from the pub.

I made some lovely lentil broth today with smoked bacon in it, totally healthy for my diet and very very delicious, I ate the pan full. Lucky for me its no syns but boy I cant wait for winter as it will be a nice warm filling meal with some crusty bread......

Anyway enough of my aimless chatter....I think its time for bed....good night one and all.....

1 comment:

ChrisB said...

I love lentil soup and it definitely needs the bacon for flavour. I don't know why I didn't make any this winter~ getting old and forgetful!

I'm sure you will have a great reunion with your friend at her party~ but I do know what you mean about possibly not knowing many people, it always makes me anxious mixing with strangers!